Water with a velocity of 5m/s flows through the parallel concert piping system with a relative roughness of 0.04 shown below. The entrance diameter is 4m, the length of the parallel pipes is 40 m and L/d for the pipes at A and B is 10m. Here the pressure at the inlet of the system is measured by a mercury manometer directly below it.
- Given your understanding of fluid statics, find the gage pressure which is also the pressure at point 1.
- Given your understanding of the flow of incompressible fluids,notice thesquared inlet edge and four standard elbows. Utilize the parallel piping system shown above to:
- Calculate the head delivered by the system considering both pipe and local losses.
- Find the Reynolds number using the Moody diagram given in the book for the laminar flow through these pipes.
- With all of the information given, what are the values for Q, QB, QA, DA,and DB?