Transporting Special Cargo
Review the Readings and Resources in Module 6. Choose one type of special cargo, and conduct research on air transportation of your selection. Special cargo includes:
- Valuable Cargo (VAL)
- Perishable supply chain products
- Pharmaceutical products
- Animals by air
- Humanitarian Aid
- Oversized cargo
- Dangerous goods
Write and submit a two to three page paper on your research. Address the outlined components in your report. Please number and state each question/statement, and give each answer its own separate paragraph(s).
- Describe the cargo that you chose.
- Requirements and regulations
- Describe the material handling requirements, the aircraft requirements, and specific regulations or guidance that is available.
- Competitor analysis
- Conduct competitor analysis of companies located in your area that transport your special cargo selection. What are some of the terms and conditions for their transportation?
- Conclusion and recommendations
Humanitarian Aid – Video Analysis
Please review the readings and resources for this module, and pick a specific military aircraft that sparks your interest.
Visit YouTube. (Links to an external site.) Find a video that pertains to humanitarian aid using air cargo or military transports.
In the discussion activity, please provide the following:
- Title of the video.
- Brief synopsis of the video.
- What are some main points that you found interesting as it relates to humanitarian aid and the use of air cargo?
- What lessons learned could be identified after reviewing your selected video? Please consider containers, material handling, electrostatic discharge, packages, and packing requirements.